Join the Cram team
Disability Support Worker – Make a difference every day.
If you have a genuine passion for making a difference, an enthusiastic commitment to providing life enriching support and care with an easy going, resilient and energetic nature, we want to hear from you!
As one of the region’s most renowned complex disability providers with over 90 years in operation, Cram continues to grow and improve its service delivery over time. By providing around-the-clock support to Participants in the home and living space, it is Cram’s mission to ensure people with a disability live their best life.
Cram is committed to fostering the development of strong relationships both internally and in our communities, as well as having a person-centred principle where we are guided by the Participant and their own goals, both fundamental attributes towards Cram’s success.
About the role:
Our Full-Time, Part-Time and Casual shiftwork employees work across a span of hours within a 24-hour period, working a roster that includes days, afternoon, nights, weekends, and for some, the occasional sleepover. You will need to be available to work a variety of these shifts.
We care for and support people living with complex disabilities, offering around the clock care that range from group home accommodation and care, in-home care, community participation, as well as clinical care.
You will enrich the quality of life of Participants who have a diverse range of complex care needs. Offering person centred support and care to aid independence, health, and wellbeing. Most importantly, you will assist them in achieving their goals and making their life as fulfilling as possible.Please note this is a physical role that includes shift work, manual handling, and the requirement of successful candidates to complete a Fit for Work fitness assessment during the recruitment phase.
Why choose us:
- Meaningful work: As a Disability Support worker, you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of the people you support. Your dedication will contribute to their growth and daily achievements.
- Professional Development: We are committed to the growth and development of our team members. You will have access to training and workshops that will enhance your skills and keep you up to date with the latest practices in the field.
- Collaborative environment: Join a team of passionate professionals who share a common goal: to provide exceptional care and support. Our collaborative culture ensures that you will have the support you need to succeed.
- Flexible Opportunities: We understand the importance of work-life balance. Our equitable rostering patterns allows you to find the right balance between your professional and personal commitments.
- Salary Packaging available: NFP Salary Packaging benefit up to $18,649 per annum
What you need:
- It would be an advantage (but not essential) to hold a qualification in Disability/ equivalent (Cert III, IV Ind. Support Disabilities) or prior industry experience.
- A passion for ongoing learning
- A participant focussed attitude
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Valid Working With Children Check (WWCC)
- Valid NDIS Worker Check
- Current C Class Drivers Licence
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate, including 1st Booster
- A calm and flexible approach
Cram conduct recruitment rounds throughout the year based on business needs and requirements. By submitting your application now, you'll be considered first for upcoming opportunities that align with your skills and experience.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and a cover letter outlining your passion for this role and your relevant experience to HR@Cramfoundation.com.au.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For an insight into the Cram fam, follow us on our platforms. You’ll learn about our Participants and staff and why we do what we do.